What is New in QuickBooks 2012
Updated: Jun 22, 2012
Article ID: INF16309
QuickBooks 2012: You asked...We listened
QuickBooks 2012 will take your business to a whole new level. It's easier to use, packed with all kinds of new features that customers asked for, and is backed by the best software support in the business.
Here is a small sampling of the fantastic new features you'll find in QuickBooks 2012.
The Customer Snapshot provides business owners with a consolidated view of a customer that gives an instant glance of their recent invoices and payments, sales history, items they buy most often, and other summary information all from one location.
To view the Customer Snapshot:
Click the Company menu, and select Company Snapshot.
Click the Customer Snapshot tab.
Batch Invoicing and Time Sheets
Batch Invoicing lets small business owners, who often bill many customers for the same service, streamline the process by creating one template invoice to send to all related customers.
Automatically create a full set of invoices for customers with the same service. Just create the invoice once and select the customers you want to send it to.
To learn more, open the QuickBooks help menu (press F1) and search for 'Create a batch invoice'
Another time saving feature new to 2012 is Batched Time Sheets for multiple employees & vendors. You can now create and use the same time sheet for employees or vendors who worked the same hours.
NEW - Send Invoices & Estimates directly from QuickBooks with Webmail Integration
This one is BIG! You can configure QuickBooks to easily email invoices, reports, and other transactions through a number of different email options:
- Webmail: Gmail, Windows Live Hotmail*, and Yahoo mail may all be used by entering your login information.
- Outlook, Outlook Express, or Windows Mail*: If you already email through Microsoft Outlook, choose that option in QuickBooks' Send Forms preferences.
- POP mail: Most Internet Service Providers (ISP) who provide email will provide POP (Post Office Protocol) email access. Get the settings from your ISP and enter them in QuickBooks' Send Forms preferences.
- Manual attachments: While Quickbooks will attach forms and reports to your email messages using the above options, you can also create .pdf files from within QuickBooks and attach to your emails on your own. This is similar to attaching pictures and other files to email.
See Important Tasks in Calendar View
Calendar view is an exciting new feature that our customers have been asking for sometime. Think of it as a To do list in an easy to view format. Quickly scan invoices, billing, past transactions and more items at a glance in the new Calendar. The improved "to-do" list captures more relevant information and displays it all in a calendar format.
Complete transactions faster!
Complete transactions faster with convenient access to your customer or vendor's balance and transaction history.
See at a glance important details such as your customer's payment history, estimates, and past orders with vendors right at your fingertips on the same screen, so that you can complete the transaction at one time instead of switching back and forth between screens.
New Centres to save you more time!
Collections Center - The Collections center will help you stay on top of your receivables. Quickly identify overdue and almost due invoices, and email all collection notices from your Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail account in a few easy steps.
The new Collections Centre feature helps you manage collecting payments from your customers. Some of the benefits are:
- A list of all overdue and almost due invoices in a single place
- You can send email reminders to one customer or many customers
- Tracks customer notes about your collection efforts.
New - QuickBooks Search
Your QuickBooks file is the repository of record for your business, and finding the exact information you need isn't always easy. So we changed how QuickBooks searches for these important documents. The results are outstanding!
With QuickBooks Search, all you need to do is enter the keyword, and it will quickly pull up all the related reports, invoices, contacts and transaction details. We're really excited about this feature.
Note: QuickBooks Search replaces the Google Desktop Search found in previous versions.
QuickBooks Quick Start Guides