How to manually install QuickBooks 2012 updates
Due to a minor database database change included in this release, you will be required to upgrade your company file again. However, this upgrade process will not take as long as the original upgrade.
- Download the update and save it to a convenient location on your computer. Click the link in the table below that applies to the edition of QuickBooks you are updating.
|Enterprise Solutions||SimpleStart / Pro / Premier|
July 2012 Update
- If QuickBooks is open, close the application.
- Locate and double-click the downloaded update file. If you have difficulty finding the file on your computer, see Find a file on a computer that is running Windows.
- When the installation is complete, restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks, and then check the current program release.
- Press F2 to open the Product Information window.
- The first line in this window displays the QuickBooks 2012 version followed by the release number (for example, QuickBooks Pro 2012 Release R9). If the release number contains R9, then you have successfully installed the latest release.
- Click OK to close the window.
- If using QuickBooks in a Multi User environment, follow the above steps on the other systems. Once each machine has the update, log into the company file as normal.