These product updates are applicable for QuickBooks SimpleStart 2010, QuickBooks Pro 2010, and QuickBooks Premier 2010.
If you have the Automatic Update feature turned on in QuickBooks, QuickBooks may have already installed this update for you.
To check if this update has already been installed, press F2 to open the Product Information window. If the release number contains R5, then you already have the latest release.
Download the QuickBooks R5 Tax Table Update
ATTENTION: Windows 7 users:
Some customers may receive an error that the patch cannot be appliedwhen trying to apply the R5 Autopatch.
If you are using Windows 7, the patch will not apply correctly. This is a permissions issue with the 2010 version and Windows7.
To resolve this issue:
- go to your Desktop screen
- Right click on the QB Icon
- Select Run as Administrator.
- Open QB and you will be asked to apply the patch.
The R5 release contains several changes to the database. Due to this, QuickBooks will go through the upgrade wizard in order to upgrade your company file.
This is a minor database change, and the time to actually upgrade the file will not take more than a couple of minutes.
Please remember that if you use QuickBooks in multi-user mode, you must update all copies of QuickBooks on your network so that they all have the same release installed.
If you need to reinstall your software in the future, you will need to reinstall any product updates, or you will not be able to open your company file(s).
Please click the link below to download the newest update for QuickBooks 2010
For a list of what is included in this newest update, click HERE
ATTENTION: Barclays Customers.
The R5 update is ready for download for all customers. This update will include the newest tax tables for QuickBooks.
Please click the link below to install the R5 Update.
Important steps to ensure a successful installation of QuickBooks updates
- If you receive a security warning when downloading or installing the QuickBooks update and you obtained the update from this site, click Run to continue the installation.
- After installing the update, immediately restart that computer before using QuickBooks.
- Intuit strongly recommends you not update a company data file across a network connection. Copy the company file to a local installation, open the company file and allow the update process to complete, and then close the file and copy it back to the network location.
- Some QuickBooks updates will include a change to the data file structure. When opening the company file for the first time after installing a product update, you may see a progress bar as the structure change is implemented. It is important to allow this change to complete; do not end task on QuickBooks during this process.