We designed QuickBooks 2010 with a really simple goal: to make it the best, easiest accounting software anyone's ever used. So we added some really useful features (that you asked for).
Important! For more details on working with your newly upgraded company file, read this faq.
The Company Snapshot helps you save time and manage cashflow - so you can make better business decisions. It shows you info like:
- Which customers owe you money
- What bills you need to pay immediately
- What you need to do by the end of the day
So you can just start each morning with a look at your Company Snapshot... and use it to guide your activities for the day.
Watch a video on how to get around in QuickBooks 2010.
We had it before. And we've brought it back. The multicurrency feature lets you transact in any number of currencies from around the world - without worrying about looking up exchange rates or getting your calculator out to convert British Pounds, for example, into Canadian Dollars.
"QuickFilter" - The easy way to sort in Customer & Supplier centres
In the Customer Centre and the Supplier Centre, every last detail about each of your customers & suppliers is in one place. Which is great. Until you try sorting through all that info.
Enter QuickFilter. With QuickFilter, you can just type the text you're looking for into the search box - and find the best-matched results fast. (Oh, and QuickFilter is also available in your "Item List", which is nice 'n' handy.)
New features for multiuser (For 3 or 5 Simultaneous Users)
Are simultaneous QuickBooks users in your company stepping on each other's toes? QuickBooks 2010 eliminates those challenges by allowing all users to run reports, backup data and even work on the same data... all at the same time. So there's no more need for Suzy to call up Tim and ask him to close out of QuickBooks. Everyone can work at once.
More robust security & permission levels
Prevent others from accessing your customers' addresses or credit card info, and keep people in your company from tinkering with sensitive information. QuickBooks 2010 does this by encrypting your company file and letting you set even more permission levels than before. The Customer Credit Card Protection is one such feature that allows you to set permission levels for your employees to be able to see customer credit card numbers. Click here to learn more about Customer Credit Card Protection.
Forgot you password? No problem. Now you can create a "challenge question" as a fallback when you forget your password. Also, passwords can now include symbols and numbers to create more secure passwords.
Watch this video to how VAT is tracked in QuickBooks 2010
- New Manage VAT window: to help you manage your VAT information all in one place.You can get to this window by going to VAT, then choosing Manage VAT. Click here to learn more.
- Improved File VAT window: can now resize, run reports with it open, quickzoom on the numbers to get to the source transactions, shows TB balance of the VAT Liability account to make sure it matches with the amount shown on the report. Click here for learn more.
- New! Efile your VAT return to the HMRC. Click here to learn more.
- QuickBooks 2010 now supports the International VAT rules for Ireland and South Africa!
- New early payment discounts. QuickBooks now automatically discounts the VAT on the invoice, then automatically calculates the discount on the NET amount when payment is receive. Click here to learn more.
- New VAT Code Setup Wizard. Changing your VAT setup is easy now with the VAT Code Setup wizard. It helps you set up new rates, change VAT rates, and add a VAT for a different country.
- New VAT Exception report shows the details of those transactions that have been added, modified, deleted in a period for which you've already filed VAT. It works for both Cash and accrual report basis. Click here to learn more.
- New Sales Day Book - Called the Daily Sales Summary report; it shows one transaction per line with NET, VAT, and Gross total.
- (improvement from 2008) If upgrading from 2006 or earlier, we've improved the upgrade process to assist you in finding VAT amounts that QuickBooks detected as being unassigned/unreported.
Other enhancements / changes to 2010
- Vastly improved upgrade process (Upgrade Centre to guide you through the conversion, help with resolving unreported VAT amounts)
- (for QuickBooks 2006 or earlier) Customised form templates and reports to download in to QuickBooks
- Accountant's copy is much improved now handling more situations
- New Accountant Copy File Transfer: send your file over the Internet instead of walking it over
- Client Data Review centre to help Accountant's find and fix errors in their client's company file
- QuickBooks Coach to help you get the assistance when you need it
- QuickBooks Messenger - instantly chat with others who are working in your company file
- (for QuickBooks 2008) Invoicing for time and expenses can now include VAT information
- 13 new tutorials
- Ability to make copies of items / transactions
- Now just one customisable bar instead of two independent ones
- Multiple shipping addresses
- Tax forms updated from HMRC changes
- New account wizard that makes account set up much easier
- You can now print receipts from the Receive Payments window
- Multiuser performance improvements
- Email your forms in batches instead of one at a a time
- Email business forms now works with Outlook
- Reports performance improved making reports more robust
- Edit / void payroll payments improved
- Improvements to the import from Excel feature